Apr 12, 2013

Third World Apparel

Review and Interview with Third World...




Third World Apparel Review

Third world first came to my attention on Twitter. A mutual following, which turned into a beneficial move for me. New and fresh, with big plans. I ordered their mystery item (£12.00.) I got the mickey hands tee in the post 2 days after ordering - I love a speedy delivery. The tee is great, its bold, quirky and looks good with everything in my wardrobe. I have  a lot of time for this brand and will definitely be a frequent buyer.
 

Third World Apparel is an independent clothing company based in Cheshire England. The collection is small however TWA are coming up with new designs all the time, and are just waiting on funding to launch 5 new items. They have also informed us they will definitely be adding crews and hoodies to the collection. With the first crew already designed, the line will hopefully be launching near August. The brand would like to branch out into baseball jackets, and possibly even basketball vests later down the line.(Yes please!)


The brains behind the design work started off by making CD covers and party flyers for various hip/hop artists.

"Artists I worked with included: The Game, The Black Wall Street, DJ Kris Stylez and more. I once made a secret hotel room party flyer for Tyga, but I'm not really allowed to talk about that, haha. 

To me 'Thirdworld' is a way for me to get my creative ideas and tastes out there in the hope other people like them and choose to buy them, it's a great feeling when someone says they're a fan of your work."

There is a real story behind why Third World is the brand it is today. The company name isn't just a random slur that a designer thought would be cacthy, it has meaning and purpose.

" There was one artist I worked with, Slink Proper from Minnesota USA. I was a massive fan of his and I wanted to help him out however possible. Slink was using the word 'Thirdworld' in his songs and using it mainly as a movement. His idea was to create a 'Thirdworld' a world with no discrimination no racism, no sexism just a world where we all get along. I came up with the "Mickey hands" tee for the show and that was the start of the whole 'Thirdworld' as a brand."

The CEO is a big fan of Fresh Ego Kid

"I like all their stuff and the quality is very good, I'm also keeping an eye out for Shai Spooners collection he has coming out shortly."

Third World have teamed up with Swagsounds Media, who are an online broadcaster and the largest of its kind in Wales. 

" They help us out a lot on the promotion side of things. I would like to thank Alessandro and his whole team for their support."

TWA have been lucky enough to have already had "MAYER" wear their clothes and also 'Kameelion' who are both talented singer/songwriters, but the celebrity the apparel company would most like to see wearing the brand would be Kanye West. 

" The guy is a legend and way ahead of everyone when it comes to fashion."

Big hopes for what is looking to be a big brand in 2013. Get your hands on a mystery item right now - right here.


Image of Third World Camo Tee

 


For any enquiries please tweet me or email yasminjd@london.com